After sitting in class all day, after school activities, homework and getting sucked into social media, it can be hard to find time to exercise, or even eat healthy. But adjusting to a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be so hard! Here are five quick and easy ways to incorporate some healthy habits into your everyday life.
- Befriend the microwave– Even though the microwave has a bad rep, it can actually be a big help when we’re crunched for time. Plus, there are a bunch of quick and healthy meals you can make at any time of the day, and many with only three ingredients! From bacon and French toast for breakfast, to chick fajitas for lunch or dinner, here are a few recipes you can try out.
- Try soups and stews- Not only a great way to stay warm on those chilly days, but with a never ending combination of ingredients and quick fix time, you can make it ahead of time, freeze it and then have a great snack throughout the week anytime you want. You can freeze the soup in individual servings, then when you’re ready, just pop it in the microwave.
- Spice things up- Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. So next time you want some added flavor, try some hot sauce or a spicy mustard. If you would rather have something more of a kick try jalapenos or hot peppers.
- Eat veggies, with everything– Whether you don’t know how to eat more veggies, or you just don’t like them, an easy way to get at least the recommended amount is to simply add it to almost everything you eat. Instead of just eating scrambled eggs, make a veggie omelet, that apple you’re going to eat someday, add it to your oatmeal. Adding it as an ingredient to something you’re already going to eat not only makes it taste better, but kills two birds with one stone.
- Keep a stash of snacks- Even though it is better for you to eat solid meals and not snack all day, for most of us that’s hard to do. So, instead of grabbing a hamburger or fast food, you can make your own snacks and take them with you. Many of these snacks also take only three ingredients and most of them you probably already have.